We're on the hunt for an experienced and capable wholesale manager to support our rapidly growing wholesale operation running out of our Hackney location. We supply some of London’s most exciting, produce driven restaurants with fish sourced primarily from Cornwall, Wales and Scotland. We buy much of our fish direct from boats in our own vans to cut the supply chain and increase control of product in transit. We also by on regional market actions.
We're growing very fast and looking for an experienced wholesale manager to join our team. You'll be in daily communication with chefs at some of the city's best restaurants, so you'll have to have impeccable customer service skills and previous account management experience is essential. You’ll also have a great eye for quality and detail as well as experience stock management, buying and selling.
You'll have a good knowledge of fish and shellfish and experience in the sector is preferred. It's important that all of our staff have a comprehensive knowledge of our range of products and on the job training will be provided to ensure this is optimum. You will also be highly numerate and experienced in buying produce from source – the role will require buying from online fish auctions on occasion.
As a company we have a strong ethos regarding sustainability and sourcing ethically caught fish. We expect the successful applicant to have a similar passion for responsibility and ethics.
- You must have experience in a management role at a premium food wholesaler, seafood specific preferred.
- A passion for and good basic knowledge of fish and seafood
- Account management experience and a contact network of potential customers
- Fluent or native in English with extremely high level of customer service skills - job will be dealing directly with chefs at best restaurants in London as well as private chefs for discerning UHNW families
- Good IT skills and ability to learn new software programs quickly
- Experience with stock management and forecasting
ABOUT THE SEA, THE SEA